Industrial Relations Policy
The objective of this policy is to: -
- To advance economic development, social justice, labour peace and demonstration of the workplace by providing a framework through which employees and employers can collectively bargain on matters of mutual interest.
- To ensure the right to fair labour practice.
- To achieve equality in the workplace by promoting equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment through the elimination of unfair discrimination and implementing Affirmative Action measures to redress the disadvantage in employment experienced by designated groups, in order to ensure their equitable representation.
- To develop the skills of the South African workplace and to use the workplace as an active learning environment.
- The Municipality consists of individuals of different sexes, races and cultural creeds - all that we treat equally.
- The Municipality promotes the sharing of ideas and views in an atmosphere of openness and trust between all individuals.
- We believe in fair and open dialogue, should there be a dispute between an individual and the Municipality.
- The Municipality adheres to all labour legislation of South Africa.
Trade Union Membership
Any employee may voluntarily become a member of a trade union as defined in the Labour Relations Act, 1995.